If you’re looking for a way to switch up your summer style, why not try wearing men’s long board or swim shorts? These shorts are perfect for hot weather, and there are a variety of styles to choose from. Plus, they can be easily dressed up or down, making them versatile enough to wear for any occasion.
If you’re not sure how to style men’s long board or swim shorts, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. To help you get started, we cover four easy ways to style your men’s long board and swim shorts:
Before we get to the tips, let’s make sure we understand what long board and swim shorts are.
Long board shorts are a type of surfwear, and they’re usually longer than regular shorts, reaching down to the knee or mid-calf usually between 18 to 22 inches long. They’re also looser than regular shorts, giving you more freedom of movement. The Long board shorts are the preferred choice of many surfers because they offer more coverage and protection from the sun and waves.
Swim shorts—also knowns as men’s board swim shorts, swim trunks, etc. — on the other hand, are shorter than long board shorts and are designed for swimming. These men’s board swim shorts are usually cut just above the knee, and they often have a mesh lining to help keep you cool and to prevent chafing. Swim shorts are usually made from nylon or polyester, which helps them dry quickly.
Now that we know the difference between longboard and swim shorts, let’s first cover how to pick the perfect pair!
1. Make sure your shorts fit well. This is important for any type of clothing, but it’s especially important for swimwear. Make sure the waistband is snug but not too tight, and that the legs aren’t too baggy or too tight. If you’re unsure about what size to buy, it’s always a good idea to go a size up.
2. Consider the fabric. As we mentioned, swim shorts are usually made from nylon or polyester. But there are also different types of fabrics available, like quick-drying fabric or moisture-wicking fabric. If you’re going to be doing a lot of swimming, make sure to choose a pair ofmen’s board swim shorts that will dry quickly.
3. Choose a style that matches your personality. There are plenty of different styles of long board and swim shorts to choose from. Do you want a loud and colorful pair? Or do you prefer something more subtle? It’s important to pick a pair of shorts that represent your personal style.
4. Accessorize! Don’t forget to accessorize your look with a pair of sunglasses and a hat. And if you’re going to be hitting the beach, make sure to pack a beach bag with all your essential items.
Now that we know what long board and swim shorts are, let’s move on to our styling tips.
1. Pair them with a T-shirt or tank top — Create a casual look by pairing your shorts with a t-shirt or tank top. This is the perfect outfit for a day spent lounging at the beach or by the pool.
For a casual look, pair your men’s long board shorts or swim shorts with a T-shirt or tank top. This is a great option if you want to stay cool and comfortable in the sun.
When choosing a shirt to wear with your long board shorts, go for a style that’s casual but not too baggy. A slim-fit T-shirt or tank top is a good option.
If you’re wearing swim shorts, feel free to choose any type of shirt you like. There’s no need to tuck it in, and you can even wear a T-shirt or tank top that’s loose-fitting.
2. Wear them with a polo shirt—Dress up your shorts by pairing them with a button-down shirt or polo shirt. This is a great look for an afternoon BBQ or a day spent playing golf.
If you’re looking for a more dressy look, try pairing your men’s long board or swim shorts with a polo shirt. This is a great option for days when you want to look put-together but still feel comfortable in the heat.
3. Layer them over your swimsuit.
This is a tip for the ladies. If you’re headed to the beach or pool, layer your men’s long board shorts or swim shorts over your swimsuit. This will help protect your skin from the sun and keep you feeling cool and comfortable all day long.
4. Dress them up with a button-down shirt.
For a more formal look, try pairing your swim shorts with a button-down shirt. This is a great option for summer weddings or other events where you want to look your best.
For both long board and swim shorts, try pairing them with some casual sneakers or sandals. Avoid wearing dress shoes or boots, as they’ll look out of place with these types of shorts.
So, there you have it! Four tips for styling your men’s long board and swim shorts. Follow these tips, and you’ll look great no matter where you go this summer.